2016 Honda Civic vs 2016 Toyota Corolla
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Available Specs:
- Trim Levels: LX, EX, EX-T, EX-L, or Touring
- Engines: 2.0-Liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder or 1.5-liter, Turbocharged and Intercooled DOHC 4-Cylinder Engine with Direct Injection
- Curb Weight: 2,739 to 2,923 lbs
- Horsepower: 158 to 174 hp
- Also available as a sporty coupe
2016 Toyota Corolla Sedan Available Specs:
- Trim Levels: L, LE, LE Eco, S, or Special Edition
- Engines: 1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) or 1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve with Valvematic technology
- Curb Weight: 2,800 to 2,875 lbs
- Horsepower: 132 to 140 hp
- Sedan only, coupe style unavailable
Sedan Showdown: The Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla Settle the Score Once and For All
Clash of Some of Sedan’s Best
The sedan market has finally cleared up, and two stand-out options now stand clear in the fold. In one corner, we have the 2016 Honda Civic, a well-known option built to withstand the test of time. In another comes the challenger, the 2016 Toyota Corolla. Both vehicles are well-known in the four-door sedan community, but there can only be one when it comes to the next vehicle that will suit your driving lifestyle out around West Warwick, Coventry, Cranston, Johnston and Providence, RI. Here at Balise Honda of West Warwick, we decided to settle the score once and for all with a comparative breakdown of both vehicles, highlighting all of the important aspects of driving from interior to performance.
- The Honda Civic gives you all of the powerful support you need to keep on moving, with a 2.0-liter engine producing more horsepower than that of the 1.8-liter engine in the Corolla.
- It doesn’t end there. The Civic can really get up and go with the 138 pound-feet of torque it produces, coming out on top yet again over the 128 pound feet of torque from the Corolla.
- If being able to stretch out, take a deep breath and not feel overwhelmed inside of your vehicle is of any importance, then you’re going to love what the Civic can do for you. This vehicle boasts more front head, hip and shoulder room for driver convenience.
- Passengers are thoroughly considered as well since the Civic holds more passenger volume than that of its challenger.
- Extra gear is more than welcome in the Civic, as it contains more maximum cargo volume and cargo volume compared to its opponent.
- With any Honda vehicle, you know you’re getting something you can truly rely on and place your full trust in. These vehicles were meant to perform at the highest of levels for you and deliver immense value at every turn, and that’s exactly what the Civic sets out to do.
- Don’t forget about longevity. These vehicles will last you a very long time, and the Civic certainly can keep you on the road and thriving for years to come.
- While both vehicles do grade out as five-star safety options, the Civic does edge out the Corolla in rollover rating, giving you that extra reassurance you need when weighing the safety merits of both vehicles.
- Exterior fog lights can serve as an extra safety precaution as well in the Civic. This feature is not available in the Corolla.
The Winner is Clear: The Honda Civic is the Best Choice
When assessing all of the factors that go into both of these vehicles, from performance to interior comfort right on to dependability and safety, the 2016 Honda Civic is the clear victor in each instance. It is a very alluring option we invite you to come consider here at Balise Honda of West Warwick, proudly serving West Warwick, Coventry, Cranston, Johnston and Providence, RI. We invite you to explore our new Civic lineup today to discover a particular model that is of interest to you, and then stop in to take a closer look. Our sales team is more than ready to help you go over some of the vehicle’s integral features, answer any questions you have and set up a test drive, so that you can experience the greatness of this vehicle for yourself.